KiwiOz Forum- Organise events, ask questions, and support each other here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gina Ford Routine

4 posters

Go down

Gina Ford Routine  Empty Gina Ford

Post  LisaRutledge Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:49 pm

Hi guys,

When I was working as a nanny in the UK I found that the Mums there loved Gina Ford it was really popular, as nanny of babies this is definitely something you need to be at least aware of. Personally I find it great for twins as it establishes amazing routine which they respond well to but for just a single baby you can be more relaxed and responsive to their needs as well as fitting them into the life you want to have. With twins you do need to be more structured and I would say organised so Gina Ford fits in well with this, it definitely does work when stuck to!

Cheers, Lisa
LisaRutledge
LisaRutledge

Back to top Go down

Gina Ford Routine  Empty Gina Ford

Post  NannyCourt Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:59 am

I saw that it came though on facebook
I believe in babies finding there own routine.
The reason i posted this is that my twin job are following the Sharlene Poole New Zealand's baby whisperer routine which is really great. There next door neighbour have a a little boy a week younger than them he is doing the Gina Ford routine and everytime i see him he looks so tired i just can't believe the awake time. I can see it would work for an older baby but not a newborn
NannyCourt
NannyCourt

Back to top Go down

Gina Ford Routine  Empty Re Gina Ford routine

Post  Admin Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:36 am

FYI this came through via facebook!:
I used to be a Gina Ford follower, and then learnt/realised that a gentle baby led routine worked better for all concerned - with great results.

I found in my experience as a nanny and a maternity nurse, that it works reasonably well for a... first baby, and almost never for a second one as it is SO rigid. Most of the mum's that did want to try it for a second one used an improvised version of their own to have it work.

Also, I have found that in listening to the baby's natural rhythm, they instinctively get to where she says... ie up around 7am (ish) morning sleep, afternoon sleep, a quick kip late afternoon and bed around 7pm (ish)... all within the first few weeks.

I am no longer a fan of the GIna Ford method, but did have results.

I usually give my pregnant friends a copy of the "contented little baby" and Tracey Hogg's "the baby whisperer" with the advice to find a happy medium and to take what they like from each to make parenting an enjoyable experience.

Jayne
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://kiwioz.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Gina Ford Routine  Empty Re Gina Ford

Post  tash72 Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:47 am

I used it when I was Maternity Nursing in the UK and its one of those things where a baby is either a Gina baby or not (in saying that, it also depends of the mum and dad to, whether they want to have a routine or whether they want to demand feed)

I think she is great, and the book is great used as a guide. Especially in the early months when mum's want babies feeding and sleeping through the night. It can take a bit of work, but in the long run its worth it.

Some of the ways Gina uses in the book are similar to Sharlene Pooles Baby Whispering routines, but Sharlene is a little softer and concentrate more on making sure baby is burped well before settling.

Hope this helps

tash72

Back to top Go down

Gina Ford Routine  Empty Gina Ford Routine

Post  NannyCourt Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:01 pm

Hi has anyone used the Gina Ford Method of Routine.
Shes the the author of
The New Contented little baby book
From Crying baby to contented baby
A contented house with twins
etc etc
If you have used it what do you think of it and did it work
NannyCourt
NannyCourt

Back to top Go down

Gina Ford Routine  Empty Re: Gina Ford Routine

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content